DisclosureLife Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Made with sun-dried tomato pesto and fresh vegetables, this tasty chicken recipe packs a lot of flavor into one dish. I'm not usually a fan of casserole type recipes as a lot of time it ends up having just one dimension of flavor, but this recipe is the exception. The sun-dried tomato pesto coats the chicken deliciously helping to keep it juicy while it also creates a tasty sauce for the vegetables. At the same time, the vegetables retain their unique flavor to give this casserole recipe more depth. Top this dish off with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and everyone will be excited to dig in.
Recipe Prep Tips
- Gather all the ingredients together and dice and slice the vegetables first.
- I used a store bought sun-dried tomato pesto as I had some on hand, but you can also make it homemade. It's pretty quick and easy to do when using a food processor.
- To save on slicing the mushrooms, I buy them already pre-sliced.
- Use a quality olive oil. I use Lucini.
- Be careful when removing the foil from the cooked dish as it will steam.
- Use an instant read thermometer to check if the chicken is cooked through.
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Pesto Chicken and Vegetables
Pesto Chicken and Vegetables is a super easy recipe made all in one dish, so clean-up is a breeze too. Easy prep, easy clean-up, and tastes great too! This chicken recipe is a favorite go-to family dinner in our house.
- 20 small potatoes, cut in half
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/2
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breats
- 7 ounce jar of sun-dried tomato pesto
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13x9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Halve the potatoes and slice the red pepper & 2 medium zucchini about 1/2" thickness. Slice the mushrooms too if they aren't already pre-sliced. Toss the halved potatoes, sliced red pepper, sliced zucchini, and sliced mushrooms in the baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix well.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the vegetables and coat evenly with the sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about an hour or until the chicken is cooked through to 160°F and the vegetables are tender. To check the doneness of the chicken, insert an instant read thermometer into the thickest chicken breast.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 75 mins.