These little burgers are so full of flavor they get a reaction when you take your first bite. Seriously! Don and I just sat down to eat, and I was entertaining him with one of my colorfully amusing stories <grin>, when he interrupted me with a noise.
He looked so happy like he just got a new puppy, when he said "Mmmmmm! That's good!" He's gotten pretty spoiled lately and has come to expect some good tasting grub, so to get a reaction out of him I knew I'd hit a home run!
At first glance, you think this burger is going to be all pineapple salsa taste. Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing, but the honey-ginger glaze I used on these turkey sliders really puts them over the top! You don't even know the glaze is on there until you take a bite into that soft, delicious Hawaiian roll and are greeted with a wonderfully sweet ginger surprise. I'm sure that's what got the reaction out of my usually stoic hubs!
Are you a fan of King's Hawaiian Rolls? I am! After all, I practically grew up on them! I remember my mom was pupule (Hawaiian for passionate or crazy) about her King's Hawaiian bread! She would buy the original Hawaiian sweet round bread and just eat on that all day long! She loved it! We all did and still do!! It is the only roll I would use for these sliders!
Hawaiian Turkey Sliders
- Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12 pack) King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls - dinner roll size
- Prepare the Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa early in the day or at least an hour before you plan to use it. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the glaze by combining 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup honey, 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic. Mix it up and give it a taste. Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey, 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, 1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic, 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1 beaten egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well to combine and then form into small patties that will fit nicely onto the King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. This will make about 8 patties.
- Spray the heated grill pan with cooking spray. Place the patties on the grill pan and generously brush them with the honey-ginger glaze. Let them grill for about 5 minutes to get a good sear. Then flip the patties over, generously brush with the glaze again, and grill another 5 minutes or until cooked through to 165 degrees F. Let rest 10 minutes. Discard any remaining glaze.
- If you like your buns toasted, put the King's Hawaiian Rolls under the broiler for about 30 seconds to a minute. Watch them closely so they don't burn! Once they are nice and toasty, top them with a glazed turkey burger and a heaping spoonful of the Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
Tags: Hawaiian, Turkey, Sliders, Pineapple Salsa, Honey Ginger Glaze, King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, Dinner, Main, Entree
“This post is part of my entry in to the KING’S HAWAIIAN® Go PupuleTM Recipe Sweepstakes. For details on how you too can enter for a chance to win the sweepstakes prize by entering the KING’S HAWAIIAN® Go PupuleTM Recipe Sweepstakes, go here: http://www.kingshawaiian.com/GoPupuleRecipe.”
Follow Life Tastes Good's board Life Tastes Good: Poultry on Pinterest.