Lemon Curd Ice Cream is another no churn ice cream wonder! I whipped up a batch of this rich, tangy, sweet, creamy, lemony dessert, and I'm so excited to share it with you today! Did I use enough adjectives there? <grin>Do you love lemon desserts as much as I do? I am crazy for anything lemon! I could eat my Luscious Lemon Curd all by itself with just a spoon and be perfectly content! It is lip-smacking, lemony goodness! So why not use that tangy Lemon curd recipe to flavor ice cream? I couldn't think of a good reason against doing just that! So I did it. Done and delicious!
It just so happened I had some leftover lemon curd sitting in the fridge waiting for a job, so I used it to flavor my no churn ice cream recipe! I'm so glad I did! Lemon Curd Ice Cream is surprisingly easy to make and a perfectly refreshing way to cool off!
No churn ice cream is just too easy to make, there is really no excuse to buy ice cream in the store anymore. You can flavor it with anything you like. Check out my Salted Caramel Ice Cream Recipe, and you won't want to miss my Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream. No Churn ice cream is just three ingredients and can be put together in about 5 minutes. After that you just need to freeze it until firm and enjoy the creamilicious goodness.
Something else I like about no churn ice cream is it's smoothness. I tend to not like the consistency of store bought ice creams. They are gritty to me, but this homemade no churn ice cream is perfectly smooth and creamy. It is the texture ice cream should be, in my humble opinion anyway.
Lemon Curd Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk (about 7 ounces)
- Luscious Lemon Curd to taste
- Make the Luscious Lemon Curd in advance and have it chilled and ready to go.
- Chill your mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. When nicely chilled, add 1 cup of chilled heavy cream to the mixing bowl and whisk on high until soft peaks form. Soft peaks are formed when you lift the whisk attachment out of the cream and it leaves a peak with the tip bending over. The time it takes to create soft peaks will vary depending on the speed of your mixer, but it will only be a minute or two, so be sure to watch closely.
- Gently fold in 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk to whipped cream until combined.
- Carefully spoon 1/2 the whipped cream mixture into a loaf pan. Top with several dollops of Lemon Curd and gently swirl with a knife. Give it a taste and add more Lemon Curd as desired. Spoon the rest of the whipped cream mixture into the loaf pan and top with several dollops of the Lemon Curd. Once again, swirl the Lemon Curd into the ice cream. Give it a taste and add more Lemon Curd as desired. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until solid. Serve and enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Tags: No Churn, Ice Cream, Recipe, Lemon Curd, Swirl, Dessert, Treat, Snack, 3 ingredients
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin, and Google Plus