Soooooo for #IceCreamWeek I decided to give the no churn ice creams a try. I've heard of the no churn recipes, but I was skeptical. I didn't think the no churn would have the rich creamy goodness of a deliciously churned ice cream, but I was wrong! Shocking, I know!
The no churn ice creams I made for this big event have made me a no churn ice cream convert! It's true! I found this ice cream to be creamier and tastier than any store bought ice cream I have ever tried.
You simply must try this for yourself!
If you have about 5 minutes and 3 simple ingredients you can make this creamilicious Salted Caramel Ice Cream early in the day and be enjoying the cool, refreshing, caramely goodness for your nighttime indulgence!
Stay tuned for more amazingly simple no churn ice cream recipes later this week, and be sure to check out all the yummilicious recipes by my ice cream partners in crime. You'll find a complete list of deliciousness, so read on...
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk (about 7 ounces)
- Salted Caramel to taste
- Make the Salted Caramel in advance and have it ready to go.
- Chill your mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. When nicely chilled, add 1 cup of chilled heavy cream to the mixing bowl and whisk on high until soft peaks form. Soft peaks are formed when you lift the whisk attachment out of the cream and it leaves a peak with the tip bending over. The time it takes to create soft peaks will vary depending on the speed of your mixer, but it will only be a minute or two, so be sure to watch closely.
- Gently fold in 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk to whipped cream until combined.
- Carefully spoon 1/2 the whipped cream mixture into a loaf pan. Top with several dollops of Salted Caramel and gently swirl with a knife. Give it a taste and add more caramel as desired. Spoon the rest of the whipped cream mixture into the loaf pan and top with several dollops of the Salted Caramel. Once again, swirl the caramel into the ice cream. Give it a taste and add more caramel as desired. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer until solid. Serve with warm Salted Caramel and enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Tags: No Churn, Ice Cream, Recipe, Salted Caramel, Swirl, Dessert, Treat, Snack, #IceCreamWeek, 3 ingredients
Our sponsors for the event have provided us with some great prizes. A huge thanks to Cake Boss, Anolon, Microplane, WÜSTHOF, Page Street Publishing and Quarry Spoon. Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen have tossed in a bonus prize of a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker because they think everyone should own one!
Here's what is up for grabs, One Winner Takes All:
One Copy of the Cookbook Making Artisan Gelato by Torrance Kopfer
One Copy of the Cookbook Everything Goes with Ice Cream by Koralee Teichroeb
One Copy of the Cookbook Vegan Scoop by Wheeler del Torro
One Copy of the Cookbook The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
One Copy of the Cookbook Eat More Dessert by Jenny Kellar
One Copy of the Cookbook The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
One Copy of the Cookbook Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel
Make sure you swing by for a scoop from each of today's Ice Cream Week Participants:
Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Ice Cream Pie by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Surprise Ice Cream Treat by Scoop Adventures
Raspberry Lemonade Ice Cream Pie by The Redhead Baker
Coffee Ice Cream by Cookistry
Salted Caramel Ice Cream by Life Tastes Good
Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Buster Bars by The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch
Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Hezzi-d's Books and Cooks
"Fried" Ice Cream Pie by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
Mint Chip Ice Cream by Crumb
S'mores Ice Cream Pie by Love and Confections
How to Make an Ice Cream Pie at Home by Farm Fresh Feasts
Gluten Free Sandwich Cookie Ice Cream Pie by Gluten Free Crumbley
Fudge Topped Chocolate Ice Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Salted Caramel Ice Cream Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
Caramel Coffee Milkshake by Wishes and Dishes
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Pie by The Messy Baker
Majarete (Dominican Corn Pudding) Ice Cream by Mind Over Batter
Peanut Butter Crunch Ice Cream Cake by The Gunny Sack
Dirty Girl Scout Ice Cream by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
No Churn Low Carb Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Yours and Mine are Ours
Other Blogs participating later this week:Special Guest for the Week is Lindsay Clendaniel of the blog, Scoop Adventures. We're very excited to have her join us. Lindsay is the author of Scoop Adventures which is chock full of ice cream goodness.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin, and Google Plus
Disclosure: I did not receive any product or compensation for participating in this event. The #IceCreamWeek Giveaway is open to US and Canada residents only. One winner will receive all the prizes listed. Giveaway ends at midnight on August 31st.