Cheesy Bacon Potato Bite-Sized Snacks are a perfect snack to serve on game day. Each bite is loaded with bacon jam, fingerling potato slices, and Gruyere cheese encased in buttery puff pastry. It's an easy recipe that makes a tasty bite sized snack perfect for popping while watching the big game!
DisclosureLife Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Sunday SupperToday, the #SundaySupper Tastemakers are partnering with the Idaho® Potato Commission to create easy football recipes for the big game! From fingerlings to russets, we are sharing recipes to serve a variety of potatoes at your game day party. Be sure to scroll down past my recipe to visit all of the Sunday Supper Idaho® potato recipes.
Idaho® potatoesDid you know Idaho® potatoes are loaded with good-for-you stuff? It's true! Potatoes are naturally gluten free and one potato is only about 110 calories. They are fat free and cholesterol free, high in vitamin C and potassium, and even a good source of vitamin B6!
In addition to being good for you, Idaho's unique growing season of warm days and cool nights, water straight from the mountains, and rich volcanic soil give Idaho® potatoes their exceptional texture and taste. You know you're getting the best of the best in potatoes when you see the "Grown In Idaho" seal.
Sunday Supper Idaho® potato GiveawayWe will be giving away 10 pounds of Idaho® potatoes and the cookbook Smashed, Mashed, Boiled, and Baked – Fried Too! A celebration of potatoes in 75 irresistible recipes. The winner will be selected during the Sunday Supper Facebook LIVE on Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 4pmET. So be sure to set your alarm now to join Isabel of Family Foodie LIVE as she shows us how to make her delicious Potato Chorizo Bites!
For all the latest news and recipes, join me in following the Idaho® Potato Commission
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | YouTube
Game Day Party Tips
- Keep it simple. Easy recipes like the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing this week will help you plan a winning game day party with less stress!
- Use quality ingredients. Easy recipes usually don't have very many ingredients, so it is important to use the best quality, such as Idaho® potatoes, to maximize flavor.
- I like to make easy football recipes that are quick to prepare and don't take a lot of work to eat. Gotta keep your eye on the game, so bite-sized snacks, like my Cheesy Bacon Potato Bite-Sized Snacks, you can just grab and enjoy are perfect for game day!
Recipe Prep Tips
- Make the bacon jam up ahead of time. Click here for my Bacon Jam recipe. You'll be putting this on everything!!
- Start this recipe by assembling all of the ingredients. It goes quickly, so it's good to have everything handy. Take the pastry out of the freezer to thaw a bit while the potatoes are boiling.
- Boil the potatoes first. It helps to get the potatoes a little soft before using them in this recipe, so boil them a few minutes in salty water, drain, and allow to cool while you are preparing the pastry.
- While the potatoes are cooling, prep the pastry. It should be thawed enough where you can unfold it. Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife to cut each sheet of pastry into 16 squares. This will give you 32 appetizers. Score the edges of each square and use a fork to prick the insides of each square where the filling goes. It's best to freeze the squares for about 10 minutes before topping with the filling.
- While the pastry squares are chilling in the freezer, slice the potatoes into thin rounds about 1/8" thick and grate the cheese. I used my food processor to quickly grate the cheese, but a box grater works as well. Once the pastry dough is chilled, assemble the appetizer and bake.
- Refer to my how-to recipe photo tutorial below for visual help with the recipe.
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Cheesy Bacon Potato Bite-Sized Snacks
Cheesy Bacon Potato Bite-Sized Snacks is an easy recipe that makes a tasty bite sized snack perfect for popping while watching the big game!
- 1 package Puff Pastry (2 sheets)
- 6 Fingerling Idaho® potatoes
- Kosher salt
- Homemade Bacon Jam Recipe
- 4 ounces Smoked Gruyere cheese, grated
- fresh Thyme leaves
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove puff pastry from the freezer and allow to thaw while boiling the potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan with a 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and add just enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to mid-high and simmer until potatoes are almost tender. About 5 minutes. Drain and allow potatoes to cool.
- Cut both sheets of puff pastry into 4 even strips horizontally and vertically. This will yield 16 squares of puff pastry per sheet for a total of 32 squares.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Score the edges of each square (about an 1/8 of an inch from the edge) and use a fork to prick the insides of each square where the filling goes. Place on parchment lined pastry sheet and freeze for about 10 minutes.
- While the pastry is in the freezer, cut the potatoes into thin rounds about 1/8" thick.
- Once the pastry squares are chilled, remove them from the freezer and assemble the appetizer by placing about 1 teaspoon of Bacon Jam inside each square. Top with 1-2 potato rounds and about a teaspoon of Gruyere cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes until the pastry is golden and the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves. Serve and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 35 mins.
How-To Recipe Photo Tutorial
Sunday Supper Easy Football Recipes
- Cajun Taters & Sausage by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Bite-Sized Snacks by Life Tastes Good
- Fingerling Potato Bacon Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Potato Football Candy by Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Potato “Wings” by Food Done Light
- Healthier Mashed Potato Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Persian Lamb Stuffed Potato Cakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Potato Salad Tortilla Bowls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pulled Pork Potato Skins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Steak and Potato Pizza by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buffalo Smashed Potatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Red Potatoes by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Cuban Garlic Mojo Potato Salad by Go Epicurista
- Tempura Cheesy Potato Balls by Cricket’s Confections
- Best Potato Wedges by Moore or Less Cooking
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Loaded Curly Fries with Gouda Cheese Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Potato and Chive Mini Waffles by My Life Cookbook
- Potato Blue Cheese Tartlets by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Potato Nacho Stacks by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Bacon Parmesan Potato Pavé Squares by Sunday Supper Movement